The Masonic Lodge was founded in Everglades City in 1927, branded as the first fraternal order in Collier County. Members used the County Courthouse, presently known as City Hall, as a formal gathering place for their chapter. When the present day grocery store on Buckner Avenue South replaced the Manhattan Market in 1957, the Masons obtained the building and had it moved to its present site as of 2018. The building was meticulously refurbished only to be completely demolished by hurricane Donna in 1960. The hurricane took its toll on several building on the Island. The Masonic members used discarded maple floor from the Everglades School gymnasium to make necessary repairs, showing their resiliency and ingenuity the Masonic Lodge was completely rebuilt in 1962. While construction was in progress, the chapter met in the annex of the Community Church. The chapter is highly regarded and known for its charitable work in the community, with many historic locals a part of the Masonic Lodge, such as Mayor Daniel McLeod, Judge S. S. Jolley, Samuel Bonard, Mayor Cecil Drake, L. D. Iles and D.O. Rindy.